Hi all. I'm with the Mid-Michigan chapter of RWA (MMRWA) as well as being a member of this online group. MMRWA is sponsoring a "Best Banter Contest" and I'm hoping you can help us spread the word.
If your strong point is dialogue, then this contest is for you. The deadline for entries is September 10th. More details are included below or you may visit our website at http://midmichiganrwa.org/best-banter-contest/ . There are categories for both published and unpublished writers.
President-Elect Mid-Michigan RWA
*****PERMISSION TO FORWARD*****
Mid-Michigan RWA announces
the 2019 Best Banter Contest
for Published and Unpublished Writers
Open for Entries August 1 – September 10, 2019
Would you like to have your work in front of these agents and editors?
· Leanne Morgena, Senior Editor, The Wild Rose Press
· Tera Gelsomino, One Track Literary Agency
· Julie Sturgeon, CEO Editor
· Mary Altman, Senior Editor, Sourcebooks Casablanca
· Kaycee John, Editor, The Wild Rose Press
· Ally Robertson, Editor, The Wild Rose Press
Then enter up to 1500 words of your best banter in the Mid-Michigan RWA Best Banter Contest!
· Unpublished Contemporary
· Published Contemporary
· Unpublished Historical
· Published Historical
· Unpublished Otherworldly
· Published Otherworldly
(Want to know who the final judges are for your category? Check the contest website home page at bestbantercontest.com).
For unpublished entrants, you’re eligible if:
· You’ve never been traditionally, self-, or hybrid-published.
· You’re entering work that is not/will not be contracted by the contest deadline on September 10, 2019 (midnight ET).
For published entrants, you’re eligible if:
· You’re entering a work in progress, one that is not yet traditionally, self-, or hybrid-published. Published work is not eligible.
· You’re not entering a scene that previously won the Best Banter contest as an unpublished entry.
Only electronic submissions will be accepted. You’ll receive feedback via scoresheets with comments from first round judges and if you’re a finalist, additional feedback from the final judges.
Contest opens for entries: August 1, 2019
Entry deadline: September 10, 2019 (midnight ET)
Cost: $20 for each entry ($15 per entry for MMRWA members)
Visit the contest page for details, timeline, and FAQ. (bestbantercontest.com)
Questions? Email the contest co-chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Any category receiving fewer than five (5) entries will be closed and money refunded. ***