RWAOL Class: Taking the Pain out of POV

***** Permission to Forward Granted *****

RWA® Online Chapter presents:

TAKING THE PAIN OUT OF POV

Instructors: Jess Granger & Angie Fox

Dates: October 1 - 14, 2009

Registration Opens: September 17, 2009

Registration Deadline: September 30, 2009

Fee: $15 Non-Chapter members. RWAOL Chapter #136 members; free.

Payment method: PAYPAL is recommended!

It’s safe and fast! Check and money orders also accepted.

NOTE: -Use your real First and Last Name & Choose Pay Option.

Chapter #136 members DO NOT need to register for workshops.

For more information: (workshops@rwaonlinechapter.org)

CLASS DESCRIPTION: This course will work through all things point-of-view beginning with the basics for new writers, and moving on to using point-of-view techniques to enhance writing style and discover an author’s voice. The workshop will last for two weeks, with lectures and homework assignments posted every other day. Students will receive feedback from at least one of the presenters on homework assigned

*** Added Bonus: Join RWA Online members in our annual KIA Marathon writing competition during the entire month of October!

BIO:

Jess Granger earned her degree in Literature from the University of California at Davis, and has spent the last eight years as an active member of Romance Writers of America. Jess is celebrating the release of her debut novel, Beyond the Rain, available in bookstores August ’09 from Berkley Publishing. Visit her online: http://www.jessgranger.com/

Angie Fox is the New York Times Bestselling author of The Accidental Demon Slayer series. Angie earned a Journalism degree from the University of Missouri. She worked in television news and then in advertising before beginning her career as an author. She’s been a member of RWA for six years and will be on the board of the Missouri Romance Writers (MORWA) in 2009. Visit her online: http://angiefox.wordpress.com/

FORMAT: Course is conducted via online discussion (bulletin) board on the RWA® Online website. Non-chapter members MUST complete both the workshop registration AND the discussion board login registration for access. Instructions for login are presented after the registration pages (or to return to the login instructions, go to http://www.rwaonlinechapter.org/WorkshopAppTY.html. The workshop is available for up to one week after the end date and a downloadable archive of the workshop will be available the week following the workshop.

***** Permission To Forward Granted *****

Sarah,

Having never been to an online workshop I was wondering how it works. Do I need to be online by at a certain time or just when I have time that day? I am interested, but I would like to know if I need to make sure that I am on the computer(and not one of the kids or my husband). Unfortunatly we only have one computer hooked up to the internet right now. So I might have to schedule time on it. Thanks.

Sharon King

It will be fine if you drop in when you can. You don't even have to stop by every day. Angie and I will post lectures every other day for you to read at your leisure. Then the next day will be devoted to questions people post on the forum, and looking at people's homework assignments. No assignment is going to be more than 250 words long, so they won't be too labor intensive.

We know people will be doing the marathon, so we're doing our best to make sure it is easy for everyone to fit the workshop in when they have a second.

Jess

• Admin

All of our classes are done in an asynchronous environment, which is tech talk for the concept that people don't have to be online at the same time to take classes together.

As Jess said, lectures will be posted, and you just come along and read them, ask questions, and post homework whenever you can, whether that's sneaking onto a computer at lunchtime or posting in the wee hours before breakfast. Whatever works best for you.