Dear Guests!

Guest Melissa Francis

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Is it June already? It seems like the time has just flown. Lots has been happening with our chapter members. Here are some of the highlights:

Gina Black finaled with TWO different stories in the "Spring Into Romance" contest this month!

JoAnn Ross's 2004 book Out of the Storm, and Claire Delacroix's book The Beauty Bride were both nominated for the brand new Quill Pen Award through Publishers Weekly magazine!

The June monthly discussion is all about Query Letters -- what's good, what's bad and how to make an agent/editor notice YOURS.

The May monthly discussion just ended. It was one of our best to date, all about the definition of romance and RWA's program "Have We Got A Story For You".

Of course, every month we have writing challenges led by Stuttgart, Germany's own Wendy-Marie. The Plotters group has been really helping quite a few people with critiques, and the weekly flash fiction challenges of Fitness Friday and Bonus Tuesday are keeping people's skills crisp and sharp.

We've talked about point of view in Chick-lit, how to snap someone's neck silently, and the operation of automatic doors at a grocery! (Man, there's a plot in there somewhere!) :lol:

We've celebrated birthdays and births, commiserated about rejections and losing jobs. It's been an interesting couple of months! Come and join us and get in on the fun.

:Emotewelcome:

Cathy, thank you for reminding me about the guest lounge. It is to embarrassing to have a place to meet potential new members :Emotewelcome: -- or where they can look in on us -- and then never visit it.

And to our guests: Hope you join our chapter. :) We have really great discussions on the industry, craft of writing, and technical questions. For example, lots of information about agents was posted just before we could schedule agent appointments at National.

I'll say bye for now :wave: and go post an answer to one of those technical questions.

Karen

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Babe King
Cathy, thank you for reminding me about the guest lounge. It is to embarrassing to have a place to meet potential new members :Emotewelcome: -- or where they can look in on us -- and then never visit it.

And to our guests: Hope you join our chapter.  :) We have really great discussions on the industry, craft of writing, and technical questions. For example, lots of information about agents was posted just before we could schedule agent appointments at National.

I'll say bye for now  :wave: and go post an answer to one of those technical questions.

Karen

Hi, everyone. Diedre Knight told me I should check you out. She's told me my partial has great potential but is still raw and that you guys are the ones to help with that. I am a paid up member of Romance Writers of Australia- don't know of that counts. So what do I do? I belong to several crit group already but I guess you have something special for Diedre to recommend you like that, so.... I'm all ears.

Babe

Hi, everyone. Diedre Knight told me I should check you out. She's told me my partial has great potential but is still raw and that you guys are the ones to help with that. I am a paid up member of Romance Writers of Australia- don't know of that counts. So what do I do?  I belong to several crit group already but I guess you have something special for Diedre to recommend you like that, so.... I'm all ears.

Babe

Hi Babe, :)

Firstly, congratulations on capturing Deidre's interest!

I'm CC of RWAust - are you going to the conference in August? You need to be a member of RWAmerica to join this list. I'm sure someone from the BOD will be along to give you further information. This is the best online chapter ever - you won't regret joining!

Cheers,

Cheryl

Guest Melissa Francis
Hi, everyone. Diedre Knight told me I should check you out. She's told me my partial has great potential but is still raw and that you guys are the ones to help with that. I am a paid up member of Romance Writers of Australia- don't know of that counts. So what do I do?  I belong to several crit group already but I guess you have something special for Diedre to recommend you like that, so.... I'm all ears.

Babe

http://www.rwaonlinechapter.org/JoinUs.html

This is the link to our membership application. Join us, come in and play. We have a great family and now Deidre will be getting an extra slice of chocolate pie for her recruiting efforts!

Come on in... :thumbup:

Guest Guest
Hi Babe, :)

Firstly, congratulations on capturing Deidre's interest!

I'm CC of RWAust - are you going to the conference in August? You need to be a member of RWAmerica to join this list. I'm sure someone from the BOD will be along to give you further information. This is the best online chapter ever - you won't regret joining!

Cheers,

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl

Yes I'll be at the Melbourne conference- my first one. I take it you'll be there. Are you pitching to Donald Mass? I think Deidre is fantastic. I'll be stoked if she says she'll represent me. She's been wonderful already. She is my first pick of agent, and she asked for a partial after judging my query letter in a competition. I haven't even agent shopped yet and the whole thing is rather scary and new. I guess that's why I'm here. She thinks I have something but I need some experienced writers to help me shape it.

• 2 months later...

I was reading through your post and came across the Arkansas Razorback call! Another Hog here. Pigs smell good! :signs015: Fayetteville lives!

An looking at joining this group. No RWA in Arkansas. New writer in fiction. Other pubs in medical/technical. Am struggling to find my "voice" in fiction. Just wanted to say hi. cyndimorgan@earthlink.net

Welcome to our humble abode.

I tell you, we have been a very active group lately. We've been doing our writing exercises, posting excerpts of new WIPs in our Critters section, we have started an interactive story about a man, a princess, and a camel and our monthly topic for January is How to Market Yourself. And there's always plenty of chocolate to go around.

We'd love to have you join us.

But I must warn you, Lisa has been stashing all the virtual brownies under her chaise lounge. If you are joining for the chocolate, come see me first. I'll make her share.

Guest Gina Black

Hey Guests!!

I just wanted to put a word in here about our cybersigning program. There's a link at the top of this page (and also here) for this month's titles (and, yes...um...I'm a month behind right now).

The featured books have just been released and are from RWA Online's very own authors! They come with a lovely bookplate that has been designed with an image from the book, the author's signature, and your name printed on it!

Author, Author! is a small independent, romance writer run bookstore, and they fulfill all the orders.

Check it out!

Gina

Cybersigning

Coordinator

Guest Melissa Francis
I was reading through your post and came across the Arkansas Razorback call! Another Hog here. Pigs smell good! :signs015:  Fayetteville lives!

An looking at joining this group. No RWA in Arkansas. New writer in fiction. Other pubs in medical/technical. Am struggling to find my "voice" in fiction. Just wanted to say hi.    cyndimorgan@earthlink.net

Hello, Cyndi!

I lived in Little Rock and thereabouts for 30 years before relocating to Ole Miss territory. My hawg flag still flies proud. <g>

I'll shoot you an email, but mean time, think about joining us. We're a great group of writers...and there are a couple of more members from Arkansas or who have lived there.

Wooo Pig!

• 5 months later...
Guest Gina Black
I'm thinking about joining and was just checking the site out.  I have a hard time making meetings on Saturday mornings and thought an on-line group might work for me.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I love the 24/7 we have going here. (And nobody can tell I'm in my jammies :rotfl: ). Plus, the workshops are great, the support is terrific, and you can't beat the smileys. :thumbup:

Gina :type:

• 1 month later...
Guest Shy, frightened guest

Um, wow, you people did frighten me. J/K.

What is the function of this online chapter? Any critiquing? Help for aspiring authors? Shoulders to cry on? I joined RWA, but there isn't a close chapter in my neck of the woods. I'd love to get tips from published authors. My ms. is finished and I'm in the revising stages.

Guest Melissa Francis

We do all of the above.

We have a crit section, a plotters section, we offer shoulders and tissues and we have virtual dancing boys (and girls for the couple of male members we have) who cater to our every need.

There are several pubbed authors in our group who are very giving with their time and advice. Our membership represents the various stages of writing from just starting out to multi-pubbed.

Don't be shy. We're a great group! :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

So, who's got terrific news out there? Cie Adams and I returned from the Romantic Times conference with a BUNCH of great news! Our second romance, MOON'S WEB, was named the "Best Werewolf Romance" of 2005! :cloud9:

We also learned from our editor that the first book, HUNTER'S MOON, has been selected by Wal-Mart for a special promotion in November. We're going to have a special print run (guessing at 35,000 presently) with a redesigned cover to show us as USA TODAY bestselling authors! It's also (as a separate thing) going into a THIRD PRINT RUN! Woo! Another 10,000 copies because the warehouse is out. I'm heartbroken, I tell you . . . heartbroken! :lol:

I know a bunch of you have great news that you've been sharing on the regular boards. Don't forget to tell our guests! :thumbup:

• 3 months later...
We do all of the above.

We have a crit section, a plotters section, we offer shoulders and tissues and we have virtual dancing boys (and girls for the couple of male members we have) who cater to our every need.

There are several pubbed authors in our group who are very giving with their time and advice. Our membership represents the various stages of writing from just starting out to multi-pubbed.

Don't be shy. We're a great group! :thumbup:

Hi, Christine Feehan suggested I join RWA and, since I'm livin' in the boondocks, I thought I might give your online chapter a look-see. The nearest chapter to me is two hours away.

I've written several paranormal novels and could definately use help with critiquing and editing.

(not to mention the late night company)

HAPPY WRITING!

• 4 months later...
Guest Guest

Hi everyone! Just wanted to pop in and wave. I'm hoping that in the next few days, next week at the latest come payday, I'll be able to join. I just joined RWA, will be at conference (so watch out! LOL) and have the application to ARWA on my desk.

I'm really excited to start moving forward again with all of this. I promised myself last year I'd join RWA and it didn't happen. But I'm here now, and I had no idea about the online groups!

I live smack between ARWA and SARA, so there's no hope (or just very little) that I'll ever be able to attend.

I have my own site(s), and recognize several faces from around the web. I hope you guys will let me come and play... :)

Diana Castilleja,

Flake in training. :D

Hi everyone! Just wanted to pop in and wave. I'm hoping that in the next few days, next week at the latest come payday, I'll be able to join. I just joined RWA, will be at conference (so watch out! LOL) and have the application to ARWA on my desk.

I'm really excited to start moving forward again with all of this. I promised myself last year I'd join RWA and it didn't happen. But I'm here now, and I had no idea about the online groups!

I live smack between ARWA and SARA, so there's no hope (or just very little) that I'll ever be able to attend.

I have my own site(s), and recognize several faces from around the web. I hope you guys will let me come and play... :)

Diana Castilleja,

Flake in training. :D

Hi Diana! Hurry up - we always can use more flakes...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.