Dear Guests!

Guest Melissa Francis

Hi Julie,

bye1.gifbye1.gifbye1.giffrom Melbourne! And you are right ... we do have a few other Aussies ... just to keep the rest on the straight and narrow! 24.gif24.gif

The main reason I had when I joined RWAOL some years back was that when I went to my first RWA conference in Reno, I didn't know a soul. I decided I had to find myself a Chapter, so I chose the virtual world of RWAOL. The other ladies have discussed some of the "you beaut" things we do around here (can't resist dropping into the local lingo!) but one of the neat things is that we can network and chat in our "own" time zone. And we have members from all over the place. As an Australian, I'm well aware of the ... you mean, there really are other places out there! ... effect. So I have a secret mission to get new members along from as many different places as I can manage!

So, come on! Join us. RWA first, then next step ... us!

Cheers,

Jan

PS. RWA is now offering foreign members a reduced membership. You can choose Not to pay extra for the paper edition of Romance Writers' Report. And considering that it took 5 weeks for the February issue (which was supposedly sent via Air Mail) to arrive in Melbourne last Friday ... I'd suggest you take the lower rate and read the monthly mag online. The February issue was up at the start of the month! So it's even Cheaper to join!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Julie

Jan, I'm quite excited about the reduced membership, too. Do you know what format the online RWR is in? I've been trying to find out if it's PDF or web-based/HTML or..?

Eee, I'm getting excited. :bounce:

It's a PDF file, Julie. And March's is up now.

I don't expect to get the "Air Mail" edition ... 24.gif... till early April, based on January and February's example. (And RWA tells me the copy leaves RWA around the middle of the previous month of the publication date.)

Hope you do decide to join us. thumbup.gif

Cheers,

Jan

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Toni_Nelson

Hello, I'm new around here and am hoping to get approved for membership. I just rejoined RWA after several years but I just can't stay away. I'm called Toni by friends and Family. Officially my name is Karen, that is used on legal documents and at work. I will be writing under the name Jordana Fletcher, seems that Accountants don't really like to acknowledge that they have novelists among them. So I was advised to get a pen name (or a different career... but then I'm working on that.)

Both my husband a I are from Sunny Southern California, and have lived here all our lives. We married late, but have 3 fur children. 2 that meow, and 1 that barks and bounces. I have been reading romance since my first semester of college when my roommate handed me my first harlequin ever. Before that I was into Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice, Little Women, Vanity Fair and Withering Heights. Let's face it I was already lost on romance, just hadn't gotten into the latest ones.

I am into historical romances, my husband is into science fiction. So my first WIP since getting back is a paranormal historical romance.

I'm looking forward to joining this group. From what I can see on line it looks like the group is very active, and has some great lessons going. I hope to write to you all soon.

Toni

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Allison Kelsey

Hi!

I'm hoping someone can help me.

I paid my membership renewal, but as of today, whenever I log into the forums... I get a blank screen. The top banner that says RWA Online, Members, Chat, etc. is there. I can look at and access my profile links. But the forum itself with all the messages have vanished.

Thanks bunches for the help!

Hi!

I paid my membership renewal, but as of today, whenever I log into the forums... I get a blank screen. The top banner that says RWA Online, Members, Chat, etc. is there. I can look at and access my profile links. But the forum itself with all the messages have vanished.

Hmm... I sent Pam an email on Friday about you (before I saw this) because I noticed you were in a "holding" group. Not sure why. Anyway, she should get you fixed soon.

Guest Allison Kelsey

Hi!

Hmm... I sent Pam an email on Friday about you (before I saw this) because I noticed you were in a "holding" group. Not sure why. Anyway, she should get you fixed soon.

Oh, awesome! :) Thanks for looking out for me! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Sienna Grey

Hi there. I am a new member of RWA. I wanted to know if you have an active critique group in this chapter? I don't have any where I live and so am kind of isolated as a writer and would love to meet other writers to exchange work with.

Hi there. I am a new member of RWA. I wanted to know if you have an active critique group in this chapter? I don't have any where I live and so am kind of isolated as a writer and would love to meet other writers to exchange work with.

Hi Sienna!

What's your definition of active? :)

We do have a critique group, but it's not active, i.e., lots of people posting things for critique every day. To me, that's good, because I can never turn around crits fast enough for them to be of use. (I like to critique a submission a week.)

A member posted some of her historical WIP for critique about a month or so ago. That's been it. She *did* get feedback though, so it's not like you'd be sharing your WIP and getting no crits.

We would LOVE to have you join us, so you can help us get that group active, and we can help you make your stories the best they can be! :) We also have a brainstorming section in the forum, too. I plan to take advantage of that in the next month or so.

Beyond critique groups, RWA Online also offers writing challenges (which I coordinate). :) Currently, we're doing a monthly Book-in-a-Week. Our next one is June 24-30. We also kicked off a 100x100 challenge on June 1: Writers write 100 words a day (or do 30 minutes of editing/revisions/researching/something writerly) every day for 100 days. (I've got other challenges stuffed up my sleeve to introduce.)

Our workshops are free for RWA Online members. If you join soon, it's not too late to participate in our secondary characters workshop. That just started yesterday.

• 5 months later...
Guest Sienna Grey

Hi Allison.

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my very very late answer. Do the active challenges you do take place on the forum? I couldn't see them on there but maybe you can't see all the forum activity if you are not a member and logged in?

Sienna.

• 4 months later...
Guest Patricia Garrett

Hi, I read the Thank You for Joining RWA® Online blurb. Tried to follow it down the rabbit hole. Clicked the button and I landed on the forum's main page. Created a new account. Got another Thank You for successfully registering--and that's where it stopped. :wall:

The directions said afterwards I'd find directions to pay through PayPal. Hmm, what's up? I can't find that button anywhere. Just wondering if I should've done things...differently. Anyways, I'm Patti and I live in North Pole, Alaska. So glad to meet you guys! :wave:

• 9 months later...

Just stumbled upon this chapter from RWA's home page. I see no recent activity (though obviously as a guest, I'm sure I have limited viewing). Is this chapter still up and running? I thought I had seen there was a workshop about openings this feburary, but I cannot find this anywhere on your site.

Any help you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Kyla,

Yes, RWA Online is still up and running! And you are right, as a guest you have limited viewing. We're just getting organized for 2015 and have not yet established our workshop schedule for this year, but the good news is that we archive ALL of our old workshops. Members can troll the library and view all of the same material, lectures, research, comments, etc. that happened during every workshop RWA Online has ever produced. I haven't counted them in a long time, but I believe there are at least a hundred workshops archived in our library!

If there are any other questions you have, feel free to drop us another line! I hope we'll see you inside the chapter "doors" soon!

Pam Trader

President & Webmaster

RWA Online

• 10 months later...
Guest Darlene Warner

My monitor just crashed so once I find my password my phone will be the only internet source I have for awhile and my data is limited... cry cry emiticon here. Waiting for a rerurn call from my computer wiz son. Hopefully...

• 1 year later...
Guest Darlene Warner

Hi all im having trouble reregerstring. My password isn't working and when i try to create a new account since my membership lapsed it says my name and email are already in use and eont let me join

Can someone email me with what to do? Tjanks

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.