HCRW Workshop - Enneagrams: What Are They and How Can I Use Them In My

******Permission to Forward Granted******

October Online Workshop Registration Deadline

WhenSunday, Sep 25, 2011

Wherehttp://heartofcarolina.org/online-classes.html (map)

DescriptionEnneagrams: What Are They and How Can I Use Them In My Writing? Instructor: Misa Ramirez When: October 1-31, 2011

Cost: $20 for HCRW and Carolina Romance Writers Members, $25 for All Others

WORKSHOP DESCRIPTION

Enneagrams are a fun and effective tool to use when crafting your characters. Character growth must happen, right? But how do we stay focused on who our characters are and stay true to their personalities with that growth? People develop their personality types early in life and those traits stay with them. What changes is the understanding we have of the personality we’ve had all along. Our personalities frame how we respond to situations. This is true for your characters, as well. Is your hero a Reformer? Or a Helper? Or maybe he or she is a Motivator. What is their shadow self? Enneagrams help identify psychological motivations. They are used as a diagnostic tool to look at one’s emotional outlook. This online workshop will teach you: Enneagram Basics How to apply them to crafting your characters Help you use these identifiers as you traverse your turning points so that you stay true to who your character is as they grow. Your character development will never be the same!

INSTRUCTOR BIO

Misa Ramirez / Melissa Bourbon is the author of the Lola Cruz mystery series: Living the Vida Lola (January ’09) and Hasta la Vista, Lola! (2010) from Thomas Dunne Books / St. Martin’s Minotaur and A Dressmaker’s Mystery series for NAL (Pleating for Mercy, fall 2011). On top of that, she has two romantic suspense e-novels, The Chain Tree and Cursed, from Diversion Books. A former middle and high school teacher, this blonde-haired, green-eyed, proud to be Latina-by-Marriage girl loves following Lola and Harlow on their many adventures. Whether it’s contemplating belly button piercings, visiting nudist resorts, or hanging out with seamstresses, she’s always up for the challenge. Misa has two middle grade series for girls in development, is published in Woman’s World Magazine and Romance Writers Report, and GLOW Magazine (11/2010), and has a children’s book published.