Not ready to register yet?
About This Workshop
This will be a Zoom workshop and will be recorded and available after the workshop. You must register in order to participate. Once you’re registered, a link for the Zoom workshop will be sent.
Scene and Sequel is a practical workshop about structuring the events of your story for maximum suspense and maximum emotional impact. In this session we’ll explore:
- the neurological roots of popular entertainment techniques for situating story points for escalation and payoff,
- the ways scene and sequel can amp your revisions, shortening and strengthening the process, and,
- structural tricks and traps especially the recurring pitfalls that can gum up the works if you aren't paying attention.
Scene and Sequel offers one of the simplest and most potent narrative tools to add punch and flow to any story. You’ll leave this class with a handle on a clear structural strategy that simplifies the challenge of planning, drafting, and revising your book.
About The Presenter
Damon Suede grew up out-n-proud deep in the anus of right-wing America and escaped as soon as it was legal. He has lived all over: Houston, New York, London, Prague. Along the way, he’s earned his crust as a model, a messenger, a promoter, a programmer, a sculptor, a singer, a stripper, a bookkeeper, a bartender, a techie, a teacher, a director... but writing has ever been his bread and butter. He has been happily partnered for over a decade with the most loving, handsome, shrewd, hilarious, noble man to walk this planet.
Beyond romance fiction, Damon has been writing for print, stage, and screen for almost three decades, which is both more and less glamorous than you might imagine. He's won some awards, but his blessings are more numerous: his amazing friends, his demented family, his beautiful husband, his loyal fans, and his silly, stern, seductive Muse who keeps whispering in his ear, year after year.
What You Need to Know
- Deadline to register: January 15, 2022.
- You do NOT need to be a member of RWA® or RWAOL to take this class.
- This will be a Zoom virtual class.
- For questions, contact us through our contact form.